Fast-pitch Tournament is canceled. The next scheduled event is the Canadian National Table Tennis Championships from July 19 – 26. Please contact First Aid Coordinator Ashley Wong (UBC) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com to sign up as first responders. Your help is greatly appreciated!
If you are interested in being a part of the 89th Richmond Medical Venturers/Rovers Crew and are not currently receiving updates from the facebook group (or if you do not have a facebook account), please contact me (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will keep you informed of upcoming events. Current possibilities include an indoor rock-climbing event, or a paintball event. Join the discussion on our facebook group!
The next 89th Richmond Medical Venturers/Rovers meeting will take place August 5th, unless otherwise informed. The High School First Responder Program meetings will resume in September.
Course dates for the Fall are currently being processed. Standard First Aid course tentatively Sept. 15 + 16. First Responder course tentatively in mid-Oct. Our August First Responder course will require lots of help. If you are interested in becoming a first aid instructor in the future, or interested in learning and practicing teaching techniques, please help us in our August course. Thanks everyone, and have a great summer!
Hello First Responders. We need your help for several upcoming events:
- [June 22] BMX Facility opening at Thompson Community Centre
- [June 29, 30, July 1] Ship to Shore Event at Steveston Village
- [June 30] SOS Walk for Children at Richmond Olympic Oval
- [July 19 – 26] Canadian National Table Tennis Championships at Richmond Olympic Oval
Please see the upcoming events page for more details! If you can help out, please email Jeff asap! (email@example.com).
To all high school First Responder teams:
- Equipment will be collected at the end of June. Please make sure all pagers and equipment are ready for pick-up.
- Please send Jeff the contact information for next year’s president. A minimum contact list with names and emails of all active FRs in September would be great.
- For grads: if you wish to receive emails regarding FR in September, please email Jeff. Otherwise you will be removed from the emailing list.
- Upcoming Course Dates – An EMR course has been scheduled.
- Upcoming Events – several upcoming events requires FRs to provide first aid services. This is a great opportunity to gain some valuable practical experience before returning to school next year. If you are available for any upcoming events, please email Jeff asap!
And finally, thanks to all our First Responders for another excellent year! The program is only as strong and active as the members that participate in it. For some, this meeting was the last time we will ever see each other again. To our graduating FRs, some of you are moving across cities, across countries, across oceans. We hope you were able to gain valuable practical experiences in first aid services as well as important life experiences by volunteering in the community. Where ever you may end up, we will always share these memories of the times we spent together, and we hope you won’t lose contact with us! Thank you so much on all your hard work and we wish you the best of luck in your future endeavours! Congratulations grad class of 2012!
To the rest, see you all in September! Have a great summer!
We have several events coming up that will require First Aid coverage from the First Responders: (Please visit Upcoming Events for more information)
- [June 3] Cartwheels Gymnastics Demonstration
- [June 10] TELUS Walk for the Cure
- [June 16] Ocean Park Day & South Surrey Festival
- [June 16-17] Relay for Life
- [June 29 – July 1] Richmond Ship to Shore Celebration
In particular, we need event coordinators for each of these events, since they will overlap with 2 First Responder training courses. Any help you can provide will help us get through all of these requests for assistance. These events will rely on your First Responder skills which is the best way to gain practical experience. If you are available, please email Jeff a.s.a.p.!
We are also requesting help at our First Responder final exams at WPGA (June 17) and Cambie Secondary (June 29).
Also, remember the June First Responder meeting is this Sunday, June 3rd at 1900hrs. This will be the last meeting of the school year, as we say goodbye and good luck to our grads, and welcome the First Responders for the Fall 2012.